I do not ever see myself getting married, which means that I am in a position where I can move whenever I want, and that I can do with my money what I want to. Of course, this is after taxes have been paid.
I also have the ability to live in the kind of home that I want, and that I would acclimate myself to. I don't have to share my space that is controlled by a dipshit, and I have the mental space to do what I want. Since my time is not spent with a nagging woman, I can easily take care of my intellectual pursuits, along with my hobbies, which is what I think the real reason for being MGTOW is.
I also find that it's perfectly acceptable to be one who finds peace in staying indoors all day, so long as you're not complaining about the lack of people there are in your life. Because, you choose to be that way. I see a lot of my friends in controlling and manipulative relationships, and I am thankful every day that I am not in one of these relationships.
I see many guys buying cars they can't afford, and women going into debt for worthless degrees. While I might not own a lot of possessions, what I do own is 100% my own, and I am not in debt for any of it. Plus, my hobbies are also not all that expensive in comparison to many other hobbies that I see people having. I don't drink, I keep costs low, and my rent is very reasonable.
In the future, I do see myself buying a condo or townhouse, but not an actual house. Houses are usually built for women in mind, because they have a garage and a basement that the wife allows a man to use, whereas a single guy: I can get by on very little, and only need one or two rooms in my home.
My parents are a perfect example of this. Both my sister and I are out of the house, and they have a three bedroom house for two people now. My mother is either what you would call a borderline hoarder, or at the very least, a spendthrift. She likes to go shopping, and clutters the house with nonsense purchases that add no value.
Everything that I personally own serves a purpose and utility. My computer serves the purpose of accessing the internet, and my Xbox serves the purpose for playing video games. My phone serves the purpose of being in contact with my friends, and my car serves for transportation. I don't own much else, because I don't need or want the clutter in my life.
When you get the clutter in your life to a minimum, it's amazing how little money you actually need to get by on. And when you home cook your food, instead of eating out: it's amazing how much money you can save on food costs as well. This can be also said about your location proximity to work. If you live close to where you work, your budget for gas can go down dramatically. Although I have a car, I prefer using the train to get into town when I need to go downtown rather than having to take my car.
The majority of people that I see have too much clutter in their lives. They make it more complicated than it has to be, and in turn, it comes back to bite them in the rear end. I decided that I would not allow myself to succumb to credit card companies, or to bankers and their high interest rate loans.
As such, this has allowed me the freedom to have zero debt. And to live my life without the clutter that comes with being in a relationship, or having a nagging woman in your life. Even if you don't have a relationship, sometimes relatives will try to convince you to be in one, and to nest as soon as you can. But don't get into that.
I chose to live where I am because I enjoy the area, and because the people are nice and friendly here. Where I am from, the majority of people were assholes, and the traffic was bad to boot. Additionally, costs are a lot lower here. We may not have a sprawling downtown like major metro areas on the coasts, but we punch above our weight in job opportunities and outdoor life.
I suppose this post is more of a rant than anything else. I see too many people with more clutter than they need, and it comes back to bite them. This can be seen with the type of relationship you have with your significant other, because the more complicated it is, the more things in your life you generally have that aren't necessary for a happy and healthy relationship.
Nice brother, I see you have your life well settled which is a nice thing to me. There is nothing better than a peaceful life which is you have and It is the most precious thing in life.
ReplyDelete